Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.artgetting.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may also make use of the standard practice of placing tiny data files called cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, or other tracking tools (“Cookies”) on your computer or other devices used to access the website. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The personal information we collect about you may include the following. In each case, we identify the grounds that we rely on to process your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”):
- Account Profile – when you open an account, we may collect your first name, last name, email address, username and password. You may also provide additional details on your account profile, such as your profile picture, photos, location data, personal website, Instagram username, Twitter username and Facebook profile. Applicable legal grounds: contract performance, consent, legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services);
- Device Information – information that is automatically collected about your device, such as hardware, operating system, browser, etc. Applicable legal grounds: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide the content and services on the website), consent, contract performance;
- Location Information – information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us. Applicable legal grounds: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide the content and services on the website), consent, contract performance;
- Server Log Information – information that is generated by your use of the Unsplash Services that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to Unsplash pages that you visit. Applicable legal grounds: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide the content and services on the website), consent, contract performance;
- Correspondence – information that you provide to us in correspondence, such as when you submit questions or inquiries and with respect to ongoing customer support. Applicable legal grounds: legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services), consent, contract performance.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How We Use Personal Information
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. We may use the personal information we collect to:
- provide you with the Artgetting, including customer support;
- optimize and enhance the Artgetting, including to develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- respond to inquiries and other requests;
- provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regards to our products and services;
- monitor the usage of the Artgetting, including by conducting automated and manual security checks;
- understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users;
- create aggregated and anonymized reporting data about the Artgetting;
- investigate legal claims;
- carry out such purposes for which we may obtain consent from time to time; and
- carry out such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement and governmental entities when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We may also disclose your personal information to a third party in the event of any potential or completed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
We rely on third party services providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as identity verification, detection of fraud or security threats, telephone or technical support, payment card processing, hosting services, and data storage or processing, and we may transfer your personal information to our service providers for such purposes. Third party service providers have access to and may collect personal information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
We take your privacy very seriously and have implemented physical, organizational and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. In particular, we encrypt the Artgetting website with SSL; we periodically review information collection, storage, and processing practices; and we restrict access to your information on a need-to-know basis for our employees, contractors, and agents who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised).
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with the GDPR or other applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Access – ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information about you;
- Correction – request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information about you that we hold be corrected;
- Erasure – ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances. There are certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal information is required for compliance with law or in connection with legal claims;
- Restriction – ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information, for example, to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Transfer – request the transfer of certain personal information to another party;
- Objection – challenge our processing of personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) or for direct marketing purposes. However, we may be entitled to continue processing information in certain circumstances;
- Automated decisions – contest any automated decision made where it has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered; and
- Consent – where we are processing personal information with consent, withdraw your consent.
You also have a right to make a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the Country (as defined below) where you normally reside, where we are based or where an alleged infringement of data protection law has taken place.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities, or activities to you using information collected from you. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related communications from us, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive from us. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us reasonable time to process your request. We will not provide your information to third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your written consent.
Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related communications, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Third Party Websites and Services
The Artgetting are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Artgetting at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Artgetting from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has provided personal information, then you may alert us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.